OCTOBER 29, 2014
DIRK-JAN (DJ) KOEMAN IS DUTCH, LIVING AND WORKING IN KENYA. DIRK HAS BEEN WORKING IN ICT (MOSTLY MOBILE COMMUNICATION) FOR 15 YEARS AND WORKS AS A CONSULTANT ACROSS THE GLOBE.
1. How did you hear about the bus? What made you want to get on board?
Excellent question, I think it was via Twitter. I love the idea and concept, signed up almost immediately. Africa is booming and helping it boost in whatever way gets me going.
2. What are you hoping to get out of this trip? What are your expectations?
Fun, fun and more fun. In any way. By sharing experiences and have a good laugh about it. By creating something new (products, ideas, friendships and lessons learnt).
3. Why will connectivity be so important on the bus?
I need to be able to play Wordfeud and chat with my mother and her twin sister.
4. What are the three things that motivate you?
Learning, reciprocity and (positive) energy.
5. What’s the most exciting/proudest/interesting thing you’ve done to date?
Teaching my goldfish to swim backwards through a hoop when I was six years old. Jokes aside, I believe one can and should find joy in whatever you do, every day, 24/7/365. Nothing stands out, to be honest.
6. What next? What are your plans? (Do you have any future ventures/ideas/projects you’re working on?)
Dunno. Dreams plenty. Plans a bit less. Working on a few things but nothing that concrete as of yet. Having fun, in whatever I do, mostly!
DJ IS PARTICIPATING AS A MENTOR ON THE AMPION VENTURE BUS IN SOUTHERN AFRICA.